Pages

Sign up to be notified of new blog post.

If you are not getting notifications of the blog posts by e-mail and would like to, click here. Make sure that you give us at least your first name.


I promise we will never give or sell your info to others.


You might also want to visit Entrusting Truth to find out more about what we do. My book and workbook Your Walk, their walk are available there as well as at Amazon and Barnes and Noble.

Translate

Thursday, December 6, 2012

Battle Within

This afternoon I was reading in Psalm 24.  There are a lot of passages that I really love.  My sons will tell you that when we were meeting regularly in Bible study just about every week I would tell them that we were looking at one of my favorite verses in the Bible.  It became a joke to them.  Psalm 24 is not one of them.  It is one of those passages I do not like very much.
How do we deal with the reality of fighting sin in our lives?
Specifically I do not like 3 – 4.  Why?  I do not know about you, but that sure does not describe me.  As hard as I try I cannot maintain that standard.  No matter how much I pray, study, beseech the Lord for strength, my flesh seems to eventually, read daily, get the better of me.  The older I get, the more I understand Paul in Romans 7:15 – 24.

The good news follows hard on the heels of that passage, Romans 7:25 – 8:1.  In Christ I am not condemned for the failing of my flesh.  I still, like Paul have to battle, not only my flesh but the one who is trying to devour me, 1 Peter 5:8.  But the hope and the glory is that the victory is not in my ability to deal with my sin but Christ’s.

I got there through Psalm 24.  I guess it is not such a bad passage after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment