Pages

Sign up to be notified of new blog post.

If you are not getting notifications of the blog posts by e-mail and would like to, click here. Make sure that you give us at least your first name.


I promise we will never give or sell your info to others.


You might also want to visit Entrusting Truth to find out more about what we do. My book and workbook Your Walk, their walk are available there as well as at Amazon and Barnes and Noble.

Translate

Monday, August 20, 2012

Follow Through

Today, actually the next couple of weeks are really full.  The prep for some training I am conducting is taking a lot of my time and energy.  The schedule is tight.  A few weeks back a friend of mine asked me to review a book he and another friend had co-authored with a third person.  I agreed and he sent me the text and an evaluation form.  As of yesterday I had not completed the task.
When we commit we have to follow through.
Psalm 15 is one of those passages that I would rather not be in the Word, especially the last phrase in verse 4.  One cannot duck the integrity requirement.  So as I was struggling through my schedule this AM I realized that I had not followed through as promised.  Rats.

I cannot and will not claim that I always do follow through on what I promise.  There have been times that I have failed and those times eat at me.  But this time I chose well.  I stopped what I was doing and honored the commitment I had made to my friends.

There are at least two lessons here for me.  First, as it says in Psalm 15:4, do what I say I will do even if it hurts.  Second, do not always say yes.

No comments:

Post a Comment