Pages

Sign up to be notified of new blog post.

If you are not getting notifications of the blog posts by e-mail and would like to, click here. Make sure that you give us at least your first name.


I promise we will never give or sell your info to others.


You might also want to visit Entrusting Truth to find out more about what we do. My book and workbook Your Walk, their walk are available there as well as at Amazon and Barnes and Noble.

Translate

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Review

A friend of mine, Dave Jewitt, asked me to help him train coaches for his ministry, Your One Degree (YOD has had a significant impact on many men and women it will be worth your time to check out the website).  For the past several weeks I have been working through the material, brainstorming, and bouncing ideas off of Dave and others involved in the ministry about what will be effective in equipping YOD associates or as one of the wags likes to call them, YODAs.
The Lord has completed us in His Son.
If you have been regularly reading this blog, or even have dipped into it from time to time, you will have seen the words “in Christ,” repeated more times than is practical to link to this post.  I mentioned a couple of days ago my gratefulness to one of my mentors, Larry Whitehouse.  One of the things for which I am grateful is his “beating” this concept into me.  We met for over a year, really it undergirded all of the times we met over the time I knew him.  The truth is best captured in Colossians 2:9 – 10, Ephesians 1, Colossians 1, 1 John 4 and 5, and John 15.  I have been reviewing that study today in preparation for including that in the training package for YODAs and this morning our Wednesday morning study finished our study of Colossians.

So most of the day I have been reviewing the truth of the believer’s completed position in Christ.  It is a concept that most of us do not grasp.  Rather we spend a great deal of time attempting to gain favor, or please a Father who has already completed us and delights in us.  That tends to lead us into a performance mode rather than abiding, or rest.

Take a look at the passages mentioned here, and see what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment