Pages

Sign up to be notified of new blog post.

If you are not getting notifications of the blog posts by e-mail and would like to, click here. Make sure that you give us at least your first name.


I promise we will never give or sell your info to others.


You might also want to visit Entrusting Truth to find out more about what we do. My book and workbook Your Walk, their walk are available there as well as at Amazon and Barnes and Noble.

Translate

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Running

Yesterday and the day before I wrote about Finishing and Starting this race in which we find ourselves.  We also have to run it.  Hebrews 12:1 – 2, likens this endeavor to a marathon, with a cheering crowd massed along the route.  The crowd consists of those who have already finished well.
This race we run is much like the Tough Mudder my kids just completed.
My sons and some of their friends and in-laws recently completed a Tough Mudder.  If you do not know what that is, not surprised, it has only been around for 2 years.  It is a 12 mile obstacle course run with 20 – 30 military style obstacles essentially run through mud.  The last few obstacles are electrified delivering near paralyzing shocks to those who touch the dangling wires hanging over the mud pit.

There is a pledge that the participants take before the run:
  • I understand that Tough Mudder is not a race but a challenge.
  • I put teamwork and camaraderie before my course time.
  • I do not whine – kids whine.
  • I help my fellow Mudders complete the course.
  • I overcome all fears.
I can pretty much put a Bible verse next to each one of those.

This Christian race is much like a Tough Mudder.  The obstacles are put there either by the enemy, our bad choices, or the Lord.  We cannot get through alone.  We are not to complain but trust.

We are to daily run our course well.

No comments:

Post a Comment