Pages

Sign up to be notified of new blog post.

If you are not getting notifications of the blog posts by e-mail and would like to, click here. Make sure that you give us at least your first name.


I promise we will never give or sell your info to others.


You might also want to visit Entrusting Truth to find out more about what we do. My book and workbook Your Walk, their walk are available there as well as at Amazon and Barnes and Noble.

Translate

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Astonished

In Acts 13:22 Luke tells us that David was a man after God’s own heart.  Luke is combining thoughts from 1 Samuel 13:14 and Psalm 89:20.  That notion has always been bewildering to me.  An adulterous murderer is the man after God’s own heart.  Then I hit a passage like 2 Samuel 7:18 and it becomes clearer.
I am astonished at my pettiness.
David’s reaction to being king is just about 180 degrees out of phase with mine.  Instead of David’s reaction mine is more like, “Look who I am, why have you not brought me far?”  Instead of being overwhelmed by God’s grace toward me I tend to act like an out of control toddler screaming, “give me more!”  My self-serving, demanding heart is astonishing.

No comments:

Post a Comment