Pages

Sign up to be notified of new blog post.

If you are not getting notifications of the blog posts by e-mail and would like to, click here. Make sure that you give us at least your first name.


I promise we will never give or sell your info to others.


You might also want to visit Entrusting Truth to find out more about what we do. My book and workbook Your Walk, their walk are available there as well as at Amazon and Barnes and Noble.

Translate

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Depth

This morning The Wednesday morning group started a Study of Colossians.  If you have been following the Blog you know that our Sunday school class is also studying that book.  One of the men in the study pulled me aside at the end and showed me some notes from 2006.  It was notes from the last time the group went through the book.  He and I had gone through the book together one on one before that.
No matter how many times you come to the Word you cannot plumb its depths.
He told me that he could not believe how much more he was seeing in the book this time through.  I asked him why he thought that might be.  He thought that it was because we have been through several other books since 2006 and that he had six years of applying the Word to his life.  He said he was seeing connections to the other books we have studied.

This is one element of the majesty of God’s Word that continues to overwhelm me.  No matter how many times I return to a passage, I see things that I have not seen before; new ways to apply the text to my life and situations in my life.  Its depth is astounding.  Dive in.

2 comments:

  1. Back in the '90's I had the privilege of some work in Russia. One of the stories I heard from friends was the exclaimation of one of the young Russian believers in a Bible study. After some discussion he blurted out, "The Bible is a book without bottom!"

    May we continue to dig until we one day we meet the Living Word - and we will just only have begun an eternal journey to know Him!

    ReplyDelete