Pages

Sign up to be notified of new blog post.

If you are not getting notifications of the blog posts by e-mail and would like to, click here. Make sure that you give us at least your first name.


I promise we will never give or sell your info to others.


You might also want to visit Entrusting Truth to find out more about what we do. My book and workbook Your Walk, their walk are available there as well as at Amazon and Barnes and Noble.

Translate

Monday, March 5, 2012

Jams

You probably do not, but from time to time I do stupid things.  I get myself into jams, you may know someone like me.  I have often wondered if it was legitimate to ask God to get me out of self created difficulty.  Foolishness.  One of my kids is considering a career in orthopedic trauma – I am told that the medical community describe those patients as those who say, “Hold my beer, watch this!”
Will God rescue us from self inflicted jams?
Psalm 107:17 – 22 gives me hope.  17 could be my life verse.  The joy is that God has committed Himself to save fools.  The more I think about this, the more it becomes clear that all of the things from which I need to be saved are my fault.  They are a product of my going after what my flesh wants rather than what the Spirit desires.

I am grateful there is a God of lovingkindess who will save me from myself when I say, “Hold my walk with God, watch this!”

No comments:

Post a Comment